Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus
Maintaining your privacy is important to establish trust in your interaction with the Knights of Columbus website. At the same time, it’s important for us to understand how you interact with the site, so we can understand your needs better. Part of this process includes collecting information about you.
The Knights of Columbus website does not collect any personal identifying information about individuals except when actively provided by such individuals. The Knights of Columbus will not release any of said information about you without your permission, unless required by law.
Information Collected By Knights of Columbus
The Knights of Columbus gathers two types of information about people who visit our site:
- Data you provide through voluntary contact and customer service forms.
- Anonymous traffic and survey information.
Insurance and Find an Agent Request Contact Form
When you would like to have a Knights of Columbus agent contact you, we will ask you for:
- Full name
- Preferred method of contact
- Phone number and/or e-mail address, depending on your preferred method of contact
- Council number
- Type of inquiry or area of interest.
This information is routed to our Agency Division and is not shared with any other party, unless required by law.
Find a Council
The Find a Council application on the Knights of Columbus website enables a public site visitor, usually a current member looking to transfer to another council or a prospective member looking for councils close to him, to find a council based on country, city, state or postal code.
This information will be used to search and provide you with councils that come closest to matching your criteria.
If you would like a representative from a Knights of Columbus council to contact you, use the Find a Council contact form to enter the following information:
- Complete Name
- Current council and council number (if an existing member).
- Telephone number and/or e-mail address, depending on preferred method of contact.
- Type of inquiry or area of interest.
Your information will be routed through to a representative of the council you select.
It is the Knights of Columbus intent to maintain the information you provide in a confidential manner. However, because the information is sent either by telephone or e-mail to a council, the Order cannot guarantee the absolute security of the information.
Although we check local Knights of Columbus sites periodically, we do not guarantee that these sites in any way reflect the usage and privacy commitment made by sites owned by the Supreme Council of the Knights of Columbus. Neither do we endorse materials, claims or products not specifically provided by the Supreme Council when such materials, claims or products are promoted on websites maintained by state or local councils or assemblies.
Customer Service Forms
To provide you with the service you need in the most efficient way possible, we provide a number of customer service forms on the Web site. The forms will generally ask you for the following:
- Full name
- Street address
- Home/work/fax phone numbers
- E-mail address
- Preferred method of contact (if appropriate)
- Membership status (yes/no) .
This information is for our internal use to service your request, and is not shared with any third party, unless required by law.
Any calculators on this website are there for your information only. The Knights of Columbus captures the data input into these forms, for the purposes of ensuring the calculator is meeting the needs of our users and returning the proper output. The data is not in any way linked to you as an individual.
Web Usage Information
The Knights of Columbus collects information on the usage of the website and the pages and functionality held within. The information collected in this process allows the site operators to understand how the site is being used and how we might improve the site to enhance the experience. The information is collected on an anonymous basis, IP addresses are not linked to individuals.
A cookie is a small piece of information a Web site can store on your computer as a text file. The text file is very small and contains a unique identification number that is transferred from a Web site to the hard drive of a user’s computer to aid the site operators to passively track the user’s behavior on the web site. A cookie will not allow a Web site to learn any personal information (such as your name and address) that you have not otherwise disclosed.
This site uses two types of cookies. A session cookie is a small text file that is sent to your browser when you access the site and is then stored temporarily in memory. Session cookies are used to maximize performance and to aid in securing specific areas of the website. The session cookie is available only during the course of the browser session; the information is not sent to or stored on your computer’s hard drive. Closing your browser or logging off will invalidate the session cookie.
The second type of cookie used is called a persistent cookie. Persistent cookies are used to identify your choice of language for the use of the Knights of Columbus website. When you return to the Web site this cookie is queried and the proper language site is delivered to your browser. If you select a different language site via the language selector in the upper left hand corner of the Web site, this cookie is reset to reflect your latest choice of language.
Commitment to Confidentiality
Confidentiality is a top priority at the Knights of Columbus. We are committed to maintaining the highest level of confidentiality with all of the information we receive from our customers, including the information received from this Web site.
Terms of Service
- This website is accessible worldwide to anyone with Internet access. Access to and use of the Service and the Sites are subject to the terms and conditions of this User Agreement and Copyright Notice and all applicable laws and regulations, including laws and regulations governing copyright and trademark. BY ACCESSING THE SERVICE AND THE SITES, YOU ACCEPT, WITHOUT LIMITATION OR QUALIFICATION, ALL OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS IN THIS USER AGREEMENT. The Knights of Columbus reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time. The changes will appear on this screen. By using the Service and the Sites, you agree in advance to accept any changes.
- The materials used and displayed on the Service and the Sites, including but not limited to text, software, photographs, graphics, illustrations and artwork, video, music and sound, and names, logos, trademarks and service marks, are the property of the Knights of Columbus or its licensees and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. Any such content may be displayed solely for your personal, noncommercial use as it relates to the activities and programs of the Order. Because certain information concerning the Knights of Columbus is treated as proprietary, you agree not to modify, reproduce, retransmit, distribute, disseminate, sell, publish, broadcast or circulate any such material without the written permission of the Knights of Columbus.
- Your use of the service and the sites is at your own risk. Neither the Knights of Columbus nor any of its subsidiaries, divisions, affiliates, agents, representatives or licensees shall be liable to you or anyone else for any loss or injury or any direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, special, punitive or similar damages arising out of your access or use of, or your inability to access or use, the service and the sites and the information available on the service and the sites or arising out of any action taken in response to or as a result of any information available on the service and the sites. You hereby waive any and all claims against the Knights of Columbus and it’s agents, representatives and licensees arising out of your use of the service and the sites and the information available thereon.
- All text, software, photographs, graphics, and other material of any and all kinds available on this website are provided by the Knights of Columbus, 9100 Crockett Rd., Brentwood, TN 37027, USA.
For More Information:
Holy Family Catholic Church
Attn: Knights of Columbus
9100 Crockett Rd.
Brentwood, TN 37027
+1 (615) 373-4696
Last modified September 30, 2014